ShareThis

A vehicle for venting on philosophy, religion, and the general state of things. Proprietor: C. W. Powell

Thursday, November 03, 2005

This Little Light of Mine

IBM slows light, readies it for networking | Tech News on ZDNet: "IBM has created a chip that can slow down light, the latest advance in an industrywide effort to develop computers that will use only a fraction of the energy of today's machines. "

 
 Posted by Picasa
God is Light and in Him is no darkness at all.

---------------
Now isn't this something? Evolutionists have been telling me all my life, from when I was a little boy in grade school, that the speed of light was absolute; hence, the size and age of the universe could be measured; hence, Genesis one could not be history, but had to be poetry or some such thing--certainly had to be flexible, because the speed of light wasn't.

I always wondered about it. The Bible, which I have always believed, said that light was created on the first day and the sun on the fourth, which means that the sun is not the source of light and that there must be a bunch of stuff about light that people don't know and perhaps can't know.

I also suspect that the God who created the eyes of animals and men knows a great deal about light, and that light shining on the head of a frog will never make an eye. I always thought that was stupid. The frog wouldn't live long enough and sunburns cannot be inherited. I never was stupid enough to believe that stuff.

I never have believed stuff just be cause some smart-aleck told me it was so, whether in school or in church.

I guess man can manipulate the speed of light, but God can't. But maybe we aren't nearly so bright as we think we are.

I will tell you something that is absolute:

Proverbs 20:12 "The hearing ear, and the seeing eye, the LORD hath made even both of them.

Psalms 124:8 Our help is in the name of the LORD, who made heaven and earth.

Matthew 24:35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

Isaiah 44:24,25 "Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself; That frustrateth the tokens of the liars, and maketh diviners mad; that turneth wise men backward, and maketh their knowledge foolish...."

God likes to make fools out of smart-alecks--in the church as well as in the academy.

So the speed of light is not absolute. Hmmmmm. How much pseudo-science goes down the drain with that idea!

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive