ShareThis

A vehicle for venting on philosophy, religion, and the general state of things. Proprietor: C. W. Powell

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Meditation and Prayer on Job 23:10-14


O Precious Father in Heaven, Your words are more to me than my necessary food. How wonderful is the
Name “Father” that the Spirit of Adoption has placed upon the lips and in the hearts of Your people!

You know the way that I go; I take that way and it is Your way, for You have ordained that I will be like 
Christ, and after I am tested in the way, I shall be purified as gold. You know each step of my way for You 
have ordered them.

I do not live by bread alone, but by every word from Your mouth. My feet have held to Your steps and You 
have kept me in the way so that I have not departed from it. This is Your decree for me, O precious Father, 
and it is a good decree, for You love me in Jesus Christ and have delivered me from the bondage and guilt of 
sin, so that nothing in my way can separate me from Your love.

This is why I have not turned back from the commandment of Your lips, for we are not of those who draw 
back unto perdition, but those who believe to the saving of our souls. We have esteemed the words of Your 
mouth as more than our necessary food.

For You, O precious Father, are never divided in Your mind as we often are. Known are all Your works 
from the foundation of the world and none of them shall pass away or fail.

You are light and there is no darkness in You. No one can turn You from the purposes that You have 
purposed, for You have always done whatsoever You have pleased, in heaven and in earth, as the Scripture 
declares.
 
You always perform what You have promised and appointed for me: there is no end of Your mercies and 
kindnesses that are in Your heart as the Father of Your children. You will supply all my need, according to 
Your riches in glory by Christ Jesus. Nothing can stay Your Almighty Hand.

This is my life, O Precious Father. I have wandered all over the place, Dear Lord, and have often come 
short of Your glory, but even in these things, You have not failed in Your promises and care, for You have 
upheld me by Your powerful Hand and turned all things to my good, according to Your purposes in Christ 
Jesus.

You, O Precious Father, are my portion and my inheritance forever. Psalm 146:5, 6 “Happy is he that hath 
the God of Jacob for his help, whose hope is in the LORD his God: Which made heaven, and earth, the sea, 
and all that therein is: which keepeth truth for ever….”

--------------

10 But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold.

11 My foot hath held his steps, his way have I kept, and not declined.

12 Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have esteemed the words of his mouth 
more than my necessary food.

13 But he is in one mind, and who can turn him? and what his soul desireth, even that he doeth.

14 For he performeth the thing that is appointed for me: and many such things are with him.

Job 23:10-14

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive