ShareThis

A vehicle for venting on philosophy, religion, and the general state of things. Proprietor: C. W. Powell

Wednesday, February 06, 2013

Meditation and Prayer on Psalm 13

Dear Father in Heaven. Why this unrest in my heart, Dear Lord? It seems that You are hiding Your face 
from me? That You have forgotten me. It seems that You never give rest.

I take counsel in my soul. Is that the reason I have sorrow in my heart daily? I worry about the lost young 
men that You have brought into my life. They neglect the way that God has provided for them to escape 
temptation, and I fear for them. The lure of materialism and skepticism is very great. How evil it is, and how 
evil will be the results in their own soul. 

You have said that we must not take counsel in our own souls, for in Jesus alone is wisdom and 
righteousness, and sanctification and redemption. Oh, that I might remember this. Is it true that Your face is 
not hidden from me, but that my face is turn from You? Is this the reason for the sorrow and distress n my 
heart and Satan gains advantage over me, and takes away my joy? Surely that is the case.

It cannot be that You are the cause of the unrest in my soul; it is the result of inquiring of my own soul instead 
of inquiring of You, O Precious Father.  From You I have heard the joyful sound.  Ps 16:11 Thou wilt show 
me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.

I will turn to You, O Lord. O Precious Father, have mercy on my infirmity and show that you give attention 
to me and hear me, O Lord my God. I will pray to You, and not take counsel in my own soul. I will trust in 
Your mercy. You purchased me with the blood of Christ and all my ways are in Your hands. You order my 
steps in Your mercy and Your Holy Spirit leads me by the hand, for You are my Father and nothing evil can 
oppress me. I will rejoice in Your salvation. 

How lonely, O Lord, it is with just me and my heart. The enemy oppresses me and I am filled with fear.
The enemies of God rage against those that seek righteousness and think to overcome them. When Your 
people are moved from You, their enemies rejoice. 

But consider this, O My Precious Father, if You do not give me light, I will sleep the sleep of death, and evil 
men will rejoice.

But I will trust You, O Lord, for Your mercy endures forever. You have preserved me in days gone by and 
You do rejoice my heart again and drive away the devils of doubt and fear. You have dealt bountifully with 
me, above all that I could ask or think. I will rejoice in my heart in Your salvation.

Therefore will I sing unto the Lord.

-------------
Psalm 13

1 How long wilt thou forget me, O LORD? for ever? how long wilt thou hide thy face from me?

2 How long shall I take counsel in my soul, having sorrow in my heart daily? how long shall mine enemy be exalted over me?

3 Consider and hear me, O LORD my God: lighten mine eyes, lest I sleep the sleep of death;

4 Lest mine enemy say, I have prevailed against him; and those that trouble me rejoice when I am moved.

5 But I have trusted in thy mercy; my heart shall rejoice in thy salvation.

6 I will sing unto the LORD, because he hath dealt bountifully with me.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive