ShareThis

A vehicle for venting on philosophy, religion, and the general state of things. Proprietor: C. W. Powell

Tuesday, April 27, 2004

New York Post Online Edition: postopinion: "In 1971, he wanted people to think he had thrown away his medals. In 1984 and ever since, he has wanted people to know he had kept his medals.

But Kerry's interviewer yesterday actually saw him on that day back in 1971: 'Senator, I was there 33 years ago, and I saw you throw the medals over the fence,' Charlie Gibson of 'Good Morning America' said point-blank.
'No,' Kerry said, 'you didn't see me throw the, Charlie, Charlie, you are wrong. That's not what happened. I threw my ribbons across . . . After the ceremony was over, I had a Bronze Star and a Purple Heart given to me, one Purple Heart by a veteran in the V.A. in New York and the bronze star by an older veteran of World War II in Massachusetts. I threw them over because they asked me to.'
ABC reporter Brian Ross uncovered the 33-year-old interview. But Kerry tried to blame the controversy on George W. Bush instead: 'This is a controversy that the Republicans are pushing,' he raged, 'and this comes from a president and a Republican Party that can't even answer whether or not he showed up for duty in the National Guard. I'm not going to stand for it.' "
------------------

The fat lady isn't singing yet, but she is off stage gargling and getting her voice in shape.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive