'How long have I been away?' asks firefighter as he awakes after 10 years: South Florida Sun-Sentinel: "Nearly 9-1/2 years after a firefighter was left brain-damaged and mostly mute during a 1995 roof collapse, he did something that shocked his family and doctors: He asked for his wife."
Too bad he didn't have a humanitarian judge and a compassionate wife who were wise enough to perceive that the quality of his life was too low to warrant food and water.
A vehicle for venting on philosophy, religion, and the general state of things. Proprietor: C. W. Powell
- ► 2015 (16)
- ► 2014 (60)
- ► 2013 (78)
- ► 2012 (68)
- ► 2011 (9)
- ► 2009 (27)
- ► 2008 (76)
- ► 2007 (38)
- ► 2006 (173)
- ▼ 2005 (186)
- ► 2004 (628)
- ► 2003 (355)
- Contra Mundum by Andy Underhill
- Warren Cruz
- Send an email to Bud Powell
- Other Recent Sermons by Dr. Powell
- Basket of Figs Website
- The Reformed Church in the U. S.
- Trinity Covenant Church
- The Third Story
- National Review
- World Magazine
- Download Adobe Reader
- Reformed Treasures: Be sure you try this out!
Blogs 'n Stuff
- Warren Cruz - Good Stuff
- Wheat and Chaff [Matthew Powell's Blog]
- New City of the Gospel [Rick Palma--very good]
- Two Edged Sword [Lee Johnson]
- Swinder [Profitable stuff--Highly recommended
- Two Reformed Guys--interesting
- Red Sky Brothers
- A PRIORI ASSUMPTIONE: J. Mader. Sharp.
- Terry Pruitt
- Wittenberg Door
- In Principio Deus
- Soli Deo Gloria
- League of Reformed Blogs
- Dead Men's Voices-Episcopalian
- Olive Tree Library and Journal
- Dawn Treader [Very Good]
- Real Clear Politics
- World Magazine Blog
- Power Line. Read every day.
- NewMax:Get on the email updates