A vehicle for venting on philosophy, religion, and the general state of things. Proprietor: C. W. Powell
Saturday, April 16, 2005
Tuesday, April 12, 2005
What do you really expect? The United Nations is a confederation of gangster nations, most of which are two-bit dictators who have no regard for what Americans consider human rights. Why should they act any differently when they are wearing a UN ensignia?
The United States Constitution requires the national government to secure a democratic government in each state. This ensures that across the United States there will be some uniformity on what justice and truth are. Why do we belong to an organization that tramples upon what we call our ideals daily? An organization that cries foul if the United States thinks that a dictator like Saddam must go?
Thank God for George Bush. With all the flaws that some of us see in his administration, there is one star that shines so bright that it blots out the other: He would not subject the national security of the United States to the gangsters of the U.N. This is the first duty of the national government: to secure the liberties of the American People.
We just hope and pray that George the Great will do the next essential thing--clean up the judiary, so that the constitution is again the law of the land, not some "international consensus" or the emotional fuzzy-logic opinions of those who would be God.
Monday, April 11, 2005
Translation: "Sniff, sniff. Boo hoo. I'm such loser."
Sunday, April 10, 2005
2. God and man: God is God and man is man. There is an infinite gulf between man and God, and God is infinitely higher than man. For the Left, man is God and God is man (these were the very words used by Marx and Engels). Each man is the source of values and the measure of all things, unaccountable to any God.
3. Man and woman: "And God created Adam [i.e., the human being], male and female He created them"
4. Holy and profane: A major separation in the Judeo-Christian values system is between the holy and the profane. Applied to speech, this means, for example, that cursing is regarded far less seriously in those parts of society estranged from Judeo-Christian values. Applied to sex, this means that sexual intercourse has a dimension of holiness unknown to the Left, which regards it as a volitional and health issues.
Read the whole article: The above is just an outline.
Central to the success of humanist thinking is the acceptance of the idea that the Law of Contradiction is rationalism and cannot be applied to human thought. This is implicitly to affirm that God can be something other than He is, that there is no certain reality, and lies are unimportant. If somewhere in the deep reaches of God's being all contradictions are resolved, then why die for truth, or why die or live for anything? Everything is the same. I am a Van Tilian, but shame on every Van Tilian who thinks dialectically after Hegel, as if true contradictions can be resolved. See my links on Van Til at http://basketoffigs.nstemp.org/Apologetics/index.htm
Thank the Lord if you have enjoyed the blog. It is because we are locked into blizzard conditions today in Colorado Springs, and I didn't preach.
- ► 2015 (16)
- ► 2014 (60)
- ► 2013 (78)
- ► 2012 (68)
- ► 2011 (9)
- ► 2009 (27)
- ► 2008 (76)
- ► 2007 (38)
- ► 2006 (173)
- ▼ 04/10 - 04/17 (7)
- ► 2004 (628)
- ► 2003 (355)
- Contra Mundum by Andy Underhill
- Warren Cruz
- Send an email to Bud Powell
- Other Recent Sermons by Dr. Powell
- Basket of Figs Website
- The Reformed Church in the U. S.
- Trinity Covenant Church
- The Third Story
- National Review
- World Magazine
- Download Adobe Reader
- Reformed Treasures: Be sure you try this out!
Blogs 'n Stuff
- Warren Cruz - Good Stuff
- Wheat and Chaff [Matthew Powell's Blog]
- New City of the Gospel [Rick Palma--very good]
- Two Edged Sword [Lee Johnson]
- Swinder [Profitable stuff--Highly recommended
- Two Reformed Guys--interesting
- Red Sky Brothers
- A PRIORI ASSUMPTIONE: J. Mader. Sharp.
- Terry Pruitt
- Wittenberg Door
- In Principio Deus
- Soli Deo Gloria
- League of Reformed Blogs
- Dead Men's Voices-Episcopalian
- Olive Tree Library and Journal
- Dawn Treader [Very Good]
- Real Clear Politics
- World Magazine Blog
- Power Line. Read every day.
- NewMax:Get on the email updates