ShareThis

A vehicle for venting on philosophy, religion, and the general state of things. Proprietor: C. W. Powell

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

FOXNews.com - Mother Has 12-Year-Old Son Arrested for Opening Christmas Gift Early - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News: "After a mother discovered her son had unwrapped a Nintendo Game Boy Advance that was meant for him as a present from his grandmother, she called the Rock Hill Police and had the young man arrested for petty larceny, according to the police report filed this week."
--------------
I wonder how many of my generation can even relate to a story like this. It is so foreign to any common sense that I am familiar with. My mother would no more have considered calling the police than she would have gone to the moon. She would have taken care of it herself and done a right good job of it.

Of course, she had developed a history with me. My backside had been warmed many times and I had a healthy respect for what she said. She said what she meant and my father backed her up. I feared them both, although I loved them a great deal.

Calling the police? Get real. What a failure.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive