ShareThis

A vehicle for venting on philosophy, religion, and the general state of things. Proprietor: C. W. Powell

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Anxious? Try this Meditation on Psalm 3

Psalm 3

I feel anxiety tonight, Dear Lord. There are so many things that trouble my mind:
General anxiety that I cannot really define.

You have been faithful, and I wonder why my soul should be cast down. Help me, O
God of my salvation.

I have cried unto you many times, Oh Lord God, and you have always heard me and
comforted my heart and protected my path.

I have cried to you with my Voice; You will hear me out of Your holy hill. I will lay
me down and sleep and awaken for the Lord will sustain and refresh me.

I will not be afraid of ten thousand troubles and people; whatever Satan brings to
destroy me, for You, O Lord, justify me and protect me.

Arise, O LORD; save me, O my God: for thou hast smitten all mine enemies upon the
cheek bone; thou hast broken the teeth of the ungodly.

Salvation belongeth unto the LORD: thy blessing is upon thy people. I will think about
THAT.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive