ShareThis

A vehicle for venting on philosophy, religion, and the general state of things. Proprietor: C. W. Powell

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Morning Prayer: 3/21/2014

Morning Prayer for March 21, 2014. 

Psalm 14:1

Dear Lord, save me from playing the fool today. I mean, I am so prone to act as if there
were no God. I trust my own thoughts, my own feelings, my own decisions just as if
You had not said, “He that trusts in his own heart is a fool.”

Intellectual atheism is so easy to refute and reject, but this practical atheism is more
deadly and poisonous. It robs us of our joy in fellowship with You; it causes us to
blush and retreat before the ungodly; and endangers the soul itself.

Forgive, O Lord, this demon that rests in my flesh and teach me the power of your
Cross, so that I might know Christ and the power of His resurrection, being made
conformable to His death. In the name of Christ my Savior, Amen.

Psalm 14:1 "The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they
have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good."

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive