ShareThis

A vehicle for venting on philosophy, religion, and the general state of things. Proprietor: C. W. Powell

Wednesday, June 22, 2005


Who, me? Posted by Hello

Conspiracy Theories - If you liked The Da Vinci Code, you'll love the Downing Street Memo. By Christopher Hitchens: "Conspiracy Theories
If you liked The Da Vinci Code, you'll love the Downing Street Memo.
By Christopher Hitchens
Posted Tuesday, June 21, 2005, at 9:42 AM PT

"A few weeks ago, at an airport in Europe, I saw Dan Brown's Da Vinci Code staring at me across the bookstore bins. I had seen it many times before and averted my gaze, but I was facing a long delay, and I suddenly thought: May as well get it over with.
Well, of course I knew it would be bad. I just didn't know that it would be that bad. Never mind for now the breathless and witless style, or the mashed-paper characters, or the lazy, puerile reliance...." [That gives you flavor].

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive