ShareThis

A vehicle for venting on philosophy, religion, and the general state of things. Proprietor: C. W. Powell

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Sun kills 60,000 a year, WHO says. Reuters.com: "As many as 60,000 people a year die from too much sun, mostly from malignant skin cancer, the World Health Organization reported on Wednesday."
============
I call on all our legislators, judges, and whoever, to put all the resources of the government into research to provide the world with a cleaner source of light and heat. The same energy that has been put into the war against big tobacco should be put into the war against Big Sun.

I am contemplating a lawsuit against all those advertizers who promote outside sports, including big baseball, big football, big skiing, big hiking, big sunbathing, big swimming, and Mr. Big whereever he is because of the lifelong exposure I have had to the sun. Nobody gave me sufficient warning of the terrible hazzard I was exposed to from my earliest youth. The question is this: who knew, when did they know, and how much did they know?

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive