ShareThis

A vehicle for venting on philosophy, religion, and the general state of things. Proprietor: C. W. Powell

Monday, December 22, 2003

Christians need to remember the words of Christ, "He that is not with me is against me." When does "tolerance" and "multiculturalism" become a denial of Christ? The answer to the question is not hard. Denial of Christ comes the minute you receive or pretend to receive the idea that salvation and blessedness can come without Him. Is a little social acceptance worth your soul?

Jay Nordlinger on Christmas on National Review Online: "A lot of us have been irked by 'Happy Holidays,' in place of 'Merry Christmas,' for a long time. Many years ago, I was working at a large firm in Washington, and it was 'Happy Holidays,' 'Happy Holidays,' 'Happy Holidays,' until you wanted to scream. One afternoon, just before Christmas, I said to a friend there, 'Merry Christmas.' I said it in a soft, gentle, but kind of mischievous way. He just grinned at me, understandingly. You would have thought we were engaging in something subversive, which was just plain weird."

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive