ShareThis

A vehicle for venting on philosophy, religion, and the general state of things. Proprietor: C. W. Powell

Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Boston.com / News / Boston Globe / Opinion / Op-ed / Moore's anti-US populism: "Moore, the 50-year-old filmmaker and author of several books, has made a career of traveling round the world talking about how stupid, brainwashed, selfish, greedy, and otherwise rotten Americans are. He regales British audiences with tales of a National Geographic survey which found that many young Americans cannot find Iraq or England on the map -- neglecting to mention that the survey results for British youth were quite woeful as well. Inviting an audience at Cambridge University to share some packs of Doritos, he comments, according to an account in The New Yorker, 'It's still your way, right, to share? You don't want to turn into us -- a society where the ethic is me me me me me me me, [expletive] you.'"
========
fyi

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive