ShareThis

A vehicle for venting on philosophy, religion, and the general state of things. Proprietor: C. W. Powell

Monday, November 26, 2012

I Cry with My Mouth, O Lord!

Psalm 66:17-20 Meditation and Prayer

O Lord God, you have created all things and all things are yours. You desire
that we present our bodies to you, that all we do is for the glory of God.

I cry to you with my mouth. I will take words and offer them to you; not my
words which are frail and useless, but words that are taught by thy Spirit and
are found in Scripture. These wonderful words lift you up when they are on
our tongues in prayers, singing, and exhortations.

You will not hear us if we regard iniquity in our hearts, but you have renewed
 my heart so that you will hear me. How precious this is, because from the
heart come the issues of life, and from the heart come the words of the tongue.

I could not praise you with my mouth or had thy words upon my tongue,
if you had not given me a new heart as you promised. I have no praise, no
prayers, no petitions, no fervent longing after You, O God, except that
which You have given me. I confess dear Lord, that I could only love
Thee because You have first loved me.

Search me, O Lord, and try me. See if there be any wicked way in me.
Lead me in Thy life everlasting. Blessed, indeed, are You, O Lord, and
nothing is hidden from you. You have not turned away the prayers of
Your servants; nor have you taken your mercy from me.

You did not hesitate to offer up your body for me, Lord Jesus. Give me
Your grace that I do not withhold any of mine from You: that my heart,
my lips, my mouth, my tongue may carry your praises now and forever.
In the precious Name of the Son of God. Amen and Amen.

17 I cried unto him with my mouth, and he was extolled with my tongue.
18 If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me:
19 But verily God hath heard me; he hath attended to the voice of my prayer.
20 Blessed be God, which hath not turned away my prayer, nor his mercy from me.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive