ShareThis

A vehicle for venting on philosophy, religion, and the general state of things. Proprietor: C. W. Powell

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Crying with my Mouth

Psalm 66:17-20 Meditation and Prayer

O Lord God, you have created all things and all things are yours. You desire that we
present our bodies to you, that all we do is for the glory of God.

I cry to you with my mouth. I will take words and offer them to you; not my words
which are frail and useless, but words that are taught by thy Spirit and are found in
Scripture.

These wonderful words lift you up when they are on our tongues in prayers, singing,
and exhortations.

You will not hear us if we regard iniquity in our hearts, but you have renewed my heart
so that you will hear me. How precious this is, because from the heart come the issues
of life, and from the heart come the words of the tongue.

I could not praise you with my mouth or had thy words upon my tongue, if you had not
given me a new heart as you promised. I have no praise, no prayers, no petitions, no
fervent longing after You, O God, except that which You have given me. I confess
dear Lord, that I could only love Thee because You have first loved me.

Search me, O Lord, and try me. See if there be any wicked way in me. Lead me in Thy
life everlasting. 

Blessed, indeed, are You, O Lord, and nothing is hidden from you. You have not
turned away the prayers of Your servants; nor have you taken your mercy from me.

You did not hesitate to offer up your body for me, Lord Jesus. Give me Your grace that
I do not withhold any of mine from You: that my heart, my lips, my mouth, my tongue
may carry your praises now and forever.

In the precious Name of the Son of God. Amen and Amen.

17 I cried unto him with my mouth, and he was extolled with my tongue.
18 If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me:
19 But verily God hath heard me; he hath attended to the voice of my prayer.
20 Blessed be God, which hath not turned away my prayer,

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive