ShareThis

A vehicle for venting on philosophy, religion, and the general state of things. Proprietor: C. W. Powell

Monday, October 27, 2003

Although I wrote a few days ago that it would be good to get the girls out of the military academies and my mind is very clear on what I think about women in the military in general, yet I do not think that girls should not go to the military academies. This is no contradiction.

My first choice would be military academies for men. I would advocate an older philosophy that would send men to combat, and I would like to see military academies training men to be warriors in a manly environment, where they would not be distracted by women, but I realize that is not the present political reality. I am sad about that, but that does not mean that I think that women should not take the opportunity to get the very excellent training that is offered by the academies. I do not believe in women in combat, and I will write on that soon, but there are many supporting roles that women can play and do it excellently. They always have in war, and they always will.

One of the human tragedies of the Islamic world is the loss of half their brains that is the result of the debasing of women in that culture. They will never catch up with the West as long as they keep half their population in intellectual and spiritual bondage. This also shows the hypocrisy of the liberal left and feminism in our own country. Why should they not rejoice in a President that will take the political risks necessary to free the women of Afghanistan and Iraq? It puzzles me. Well, not really, for these people don't really believe in anything except their right to hold power. They will say anything, do anything, charge anything, and refrain from saying anything in order to gain what they think is rightfully theirs: the wheels of power.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive