ShareThis

A vehicle for venting on philosophy, religion, and the general state of things. Proprietor: C. W. Powell

Sunday, April 06, 2014

April 7, 2014: Morning Prayer and Meditation on Psalm 34:1-3


1 I will bless the LORD at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth.
2 My soul shall make her boast in the LORD: the humble shall hear thereof, and be glad.
3 O magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt his name together.

-----------

Precious Heavenly Father, I make my vow before You to bless You at all times. There is no better fit
instrument for the praises of God than the mouth of Your saints.

I beseech You, therefore, dear Lord, that You purify my heart by faith from all idolatry and wickedness,
for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. If my heart is not tuned to Your praise, then what
I speak with the mouth is hypocrisy and deceit that is abominable to You.

Therefore, I pray that my soul will be purified from the pride and arrogance of idolatry so that I may
make my boast in the Lord alone. Those who have also been humbled by You will recognize Your work
in me and will be glad and we will have fellowship with each other.

Isa 28:3 The crown of pride, the drunkards of Ephraim, shall be trodden under feet. You resist the
proud but give grace to the humble.

I will magnify the Lord. What! How shall I make You larger than You are, O Precious Father? What
shall I add to Your glory and Your power and Your greatness and Your strength and wisdom?

I can add nothing to them, but I can add them to my understanding of You, and teach other men so. That I
will do as long as I have breath. Work in my soul that this praise be not empty and vain.

O Father, may the dear people of God join with me in magnifying the Lord all the days that we live.
May we join hands and hearts and voices in the church of Jesus Christ which is the pillar and ground
of the truth, so that the glory and majesty of God will resound throughout the world, for God is worthy
 alone to be praised by the mouths and hearts of men.

Amen and Amen, in the Name of our Savior, Jesus of Nazareth, enthroned in the Heavens.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive